Friday, July 20, 2012

I don't even know how to express how amazing, life changing, humbling, and touching today was.  In case I haven't already told you, medical day was the thing I worried about the most.  I really wasn't sure that I could do it just because I'm so weak sauce when it comes to medical anything plus smells.  But today, that was not the case.  We were in the smallest, poorest colony today so there were only about 6 people with leprosy that came to the clinic.  I really can't describe the experience from there other than something overcame me and I was able to rise to the occasion.  I'm going to let the pictures do the rest of the talking...  (So FYI, it's a mobile medical clinic, with nurses and a doctor and is quite the amazing organized process, as they come they have their blood pressure and glucose levels taken and then... cue pictures)
Unwrapping the bandages




Washing feet and ulcers




Oiling
and lotioning.  Lotioning and oiling.  Sandlot anyone?




Nurses station.  Clean, cut, re-wrap.

Eyedrops.


In the colony with my peeps and oh, check it!  A random scrawny cat!  My favorite :)
 
Happy.  Humbled.  Honored to be here.  I love my life.

5 comments:

  1. Go aim! I knew you could do it! Plus Sandlot? You silly girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job aim! I'm so happy to hear all you are learning and experiencing. Miss you sister friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see the pics and see what you are experiencing, so touching to see the people and their circumstances, so thankful you can have this experience. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy! You are the coolest! I'm glad you having a great and safe time. I love that you are pointing at the cat in this pic AND that there is a tiny fluffy puppy in the background.

    p.s. I'm reading your blog. STALKER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That sounds incredible. So maybe I teared up a bit.

    ReplyDelete